Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] colin.marker@gmail.com is offline

Default Breaking up part numbers

Hello, I have searched for a few hours and decided to finally ask for
help.

I have a column filled with part numbers they are made by having a
drawing #, material code, and finish code all seperated by a "." I
need to seperate the codes out into 3 seperate columns... here are some
row examples:

1025.925
1025.93
1027.868
1027.895
1044.157
1058.159
1058.159
1082.028
27809.619
27809.619
27809.708
27811.001
001138.825.000
001138.825.000
001138.825.000

they vary in length so it makes it difficult. I was trying to use some
infromation from other posts with the SEARCH( function or FIND(function
but those dont seem to work in VBA. Please help. Thanks

Colin