Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Doug Glancy[_7_] Doug Glancy[_7_] is offline

Default VBA Inserted Data Validation Fails

RickK,

It works for me and I can't think of what the issue might be.

Doug

"_RickK" wrote in message
No luck. Still have the same error popping up. I am on 2003 SP2 and also
got the same error on 2000.

"Doug Glancy" wrote:

RickK

Two things:

Get rid of the equal sign in your list.
Also, if you run this more than once, you need to delete the validation,
before you can add it:

With wks.Range("a1").Validation
.Add xlValidateList, , , "1,2,3"
End With

hth,

Doug
"_RickK" wrote in message
I am trying to use Dynamic Data Validation inserted at run time but it
fails
consistantly with : Method 'Add' of Object 'Validation' failed.

The most basic snippet I tried was:
---sub cmdClick()

Dim wks As Worksheet

Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1")

wks.Range("A1").Validation.Add xlValidateList, , , "=1,2,3"

The parent sheet is full of ADO 2.8 and other code that is fine. It is
only
this functionality that fails.

Is there some other property to set or enable? I cannot find anywhere
speicifying any other object requirements.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.