Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Spreadsheet takes 20 seconds to open before Workbook_Open

Hi Chrisso

Empty your temp folder first

Reboot
StartRun
Enter: %temp%
Delete all files and filders in the temp folder
Try again

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Chrisso" wrote in message oups.com...
Hi All

I have a 4.4Mb spreadsheet with a bunch of VB code behind it. When I
open the spreadsheet it takes upwards of 20 seconds before even the
Workbook_Open event is called (I have a MsgBox on this event so I know
when my logic gets control).

What is Excel doing during this period? How can I decrease this period
or eradicate it altogether?

I dont have this problem with other spreadsheets that are much larger
and have even more VB code.

The file is on my desktop so there is no network issues. There are no
links in the spreadsheet so it is not updating.

Any ideas?

Chrisso