Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Coleman John Coleman is offline

Default range names

One more thought - note that when you use Insert - Names - Create to
create a name, Excel automatically replaces spaces with underscores.
You can do this in VBA:

Selection.Name = Replace(Trim(Range("A1").Text), " ", "_")

HTH

-John Coleman

John Coleman wrote:
Because - the name is not valid. As an experiment I created a
spreadsheet with the text "Bob" in A1 then wrote a sub with your line
of code and it executed with no problem at all - so the problem must
lie with the actual text in A1. I think that the rules are that it
shouldn't have anything other than letters, underscores and numbers,
shouldn't be confusable with a cell address and shouldn't start with a
number. What do you have in A1?

Zaahir wrote:
Hi

y does the code......