Alan

Autofilter will only display 1000 seperate items. One way round it is to use
another adjacent column with sub categories and filter by that column, then
the original to keep under 1000 seperate items,
Regards,
Alan.
"Medows" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has 1576 rows and 30 columns. When doing spot
checks I switch on the Autofiler and use the drop down list to locate the
specified value. In my spreadsheet in one column that I have labelled as
"Lot" I am unable to locate the specified value. However, I can scroll
down
and see the value or I can use the CTRL+F function to find the value.

So why am I unable to see the value through the AUTOFILTER drop down list
when all rows are selected.

This has become very frustrating so any help and advice would be great. I
am unable to use the AUTOFILTER dropdown list anymore because I can't
trust
the results.