Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ap ap is offline

Default Complex comparison of Columns of Data: Extracting unique records after comparison on 4 levels

Dear all,

as a relative VBA newbie I seem to have gotten into something a little
bit over my head :S

I have two lists on two different sheets, which I need to compare on
multiple levels. Usually I can manage by browsing this group and
creatively combine some of the previous solutions. However, atm I am at
a loss...

I have (as an example) on the first row of Sheet1:
Identifier (col A) b c d
VS0067157023 5 2424 2425
VS0067157024 5 2431 2433

Sheet2:
Identifier (col A) b c d
VS0067157023 5 2424 2425
VS0067157024 6 2431 2433
VS0067157055 6 2400 2433

Now comes the hard part (sorry if my english is not perfect...) I need
to compare this with the data on Sheet2:

- if there is an exact match on all four levels (A to D) in any row on
Sheet2 nothing happens
- if there is a mismatch on any level -- the record with the
identifier VS0067157024 needs to be written to Sheet3
- This example record is on row 2 on Sheet1, but might not be on row 2
on Sheet2 but on any row on Sheet2
- After is have done this, I also need to write the unique records from
Sheet2 to a Sheet4 (in this example the VS0067157055 record)

Two things I do know:
- on both sheets there are no empty cells in the list of Identifiers.
(Except after the last one ofc...)
- the data has the same format on both sheets, i.e. the same columns on
both sheets.

Any help would be greatly and utterly appreciated!

H.