Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMay JMay is offline

Default finding records

I think the 1,000 limit has to do with the count of the items appearing
in the "dropdown" box of an auto-filtered column header -

"wayne" wrote in message
:

Tom - I lloked at that link but it is my understanding that the autofilter
has a limit of 1000 records.- am I not understanding what you are saying???
thanks

Wayne

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

I gave you a link to Ron de Bruin's site that should fix you up.

Tom Ogilvy

"wayne" wrote in message

Tom-

I will try to clarify my question....

Worksheet 1 has 119 records that have equip ids in column A sorted in
ascending order.

Worksheet 2 has 50,000 records that have equip ids in column A but not
sorted.

I'm looking for a way to compare to lookup all occurrences of the records
in
worksheet 1 that are matched(equip ids) in worksheet 2 and when I find a
match I want to copy columns b thru d from worksheet 2 to a new worksheet.

Can you offer any advice on how to accomplish this. Thanks

Wayne