Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default link chart axis title to cell?

Alternatively, remove ".Characters" and change to R1C1 notation:

.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Text = "=Sheet1!R24C5"

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Chris" wrote in message
Thanks a lot Martin

"Martin" wrote:

VBA is a very different place to Excel and it has to talk a kind of
pidgin-English to be understood by Excel! Instead of Sheet1!E24 which is
pure Exceleeze you've got to say:

ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E24").Value

It's logical but kinda laborious...

"Chris" wrote:

When running a macro, how do I link a chart axis title such as the
y-axis to
a cell in a worksheet?

In the VBA section, the line of code for the title is:

.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Values"

I'm trying to link the word "Values" to a cell instead of a text
string. I
tried typing in Sheet1!E24 with and without quotes but it won't work.