Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] mrlanier@hotmail.com is offline

Default Count the number of characters created by string text

For example, if cell A1="Dogs bark in the night." and B1="But cats are
quiet.", and if I wanted the two to string I would use the formula:

=A1&" "&A2

This would give the the short paragraph: Dogs bark in the night. But
cats are quiet. What I need to do is count the characters in the
statement, along with spaces if possible. In this case, there are 34
characters and 9 spaces if 2 are counted between the sentences. I'm
hoping to find a formula that will do the count automatically. Thanks.

Michael