Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Ken is offline

Default Converting a string of numbers to decimal

How about if you divide them by 10,000? Put 10000 some where on the
spreadsheet, copy it, then edit - paste special - divide over the
records.

Ken

avb1958 wrote:
I have a problem. I have a spreadsheet with latitude and longitude that for
some reason were not put in decimal format. I need to convert these numbers
to a 4 place decimal value. Can this be done and, if so, how do I do it?

Example: Lat Long
445804 -731725

These need to be converted to:
44.5804 -73.1725

I have over 12,000 records and am trying to import this data into Streets &
Trips.

Any ideas?

Thanks.