ellis kurland

Default calling a C++ program from Excel 2000 and passing a result from C++ back to an excel spreadsheet

I have an excel spreadsheet and call a C++ program from a VBA macro using
the command below. (I am not using visual C++ but a command line driven
version, Borland C++ compiler)

retval = Shell ("c:\options\options1.exe", vbNormalFocus)

What I want to be able to do is to pass some of the values in my excel
spreadhseet to the C++ program when calling it. There are 5
variables(spreadsheet cells) whose numerical values I want to pass across to
the program.

Once the C++ program has run I want to put a value that it caluculates in to
a cell in my excel spreadsheet.

Any help much appreciated please.

Many thanks