Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dean[_8_] Dean[_8_] is offline

Default differrent fonts on parts of text

I definitely meant manually. When, I hit F2, and change some of it to blue
font, I see the blue font, but as soon as I hit enter, or escape, it goes
away. In fact, if I hit F2 again, after that, the blue font shows again in
the edit mode, as if it remembers that I set it to blue font! But, once
again, when I hit enter, it is gone. I don't ever recall having this
problem in the past. Could I be in some weird editing mode I don't know
about?

Thanks!
Dean

Manually or progammatically?

With text in a cell hit F2.

Select the potion to color and/or underline then format that portion.

OR play with this macro.

Sub CellFont()
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, length:=5).Font
.ColorIndex = 3
.Bold = True
.Underline = True
.Size = 14
End With
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=6, length:=3).Font
.Superscript = True
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:23:04 -0800, "Dean"
wrote:

Unless my memory is really failing me, I seem to recall the ability to
change the format on only part of the text in a cell, such as underlining
the last few words, or making some of it blue font, etc, etc. I don't
seem
to be able to do that lately and I am wondering why. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dean