Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Protecting Data Validation List from being modified in theformulabar

If those data|validation rules are still with that cell, the user won't be able
to make a change to the value.

As soon as the user hits enter, the Data|Validation rules will check to see if
that value is on that list.

If it is, then it's ok.

If it isn't, then they'll get the message that you defined in the
data|validation dialog.

About the only thing that the user could change is the case of the string:

Cat
CAT
caT

would all be valid if "cat" is on that list.

Maddoktor wrote:

Hi all,

I have created a Data Validation List where the source is being taken
from a separate worksheet. Once the worksheet is protected, the user
will select something from the Data Validation List. I have noticed that
the formula bar will display whatever the user selects and it is then
possible for the user to modify this selection. Is is possible to
protect the contents in the formula bar from being modified with VBA code?

Thanks in advance?

--

Dave Peterson