Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Arnold[_3_] Arnold[_3_] is offline

Default Define Names in Workbook through Code

One more question,

I have a question about the use of these ranges....I was wanting to do
the above so that I could automatically get the addresses of all the
cells in all the columns for a certain thing, like "Days". However, I
need to be able to do tallies and other simple formulas across the
sheet for individual rows (1 person per row).

For instance, one of the ranges of columns was named "Day", and for
every Day column that was included in the range, add the values of the
cells (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5), skipping any cells that are all text (ie.
x or X). Then I could copy this formula down for each person. This
would give each person's total score for all the days they were present
(ommitting the "x" days).

Is there a way to get the range from the Define Name into a formula,
but replacing entire $columns with just the cells in the columns across
one row. Does this make sense?