Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Creating a list of workbook users

On the ThisWorkbook tab place this, also look up useraccesslist, it allows
you to set protection based on userid, might be better in the future.

lastcell = Sheets("sheet3").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Sheets("sheet3").Cells(lastcell + 1, 1) = Application.UserName & ", " &
Now()

-John
is helpful.

"bridgesmj" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I've been thinking how to do this, but I'm not quite advanced
enough to crack it yet.

I'd like to create a macro that saves the user identity (preferrably
system logon ID, but User name from Options would suffice), and date
and time of closure to a hidden sheet in each workbook every time a
workbook is closed.

I'm having trouble with people mucking up my work and I want to know
who it is! A few people need access to edit them, so there's no
blocking them off - sorry if that was your other solution.

Thanks in advance for this.

Mark.