Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Can Excel 2003 VBA work in Excel 2002?

I don't think the problem is in this code, this is code for the form, so the
problem seems to be in code that invokes the form, and/or worksheet activate
code.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Dear All

I undertook some programming in Excel 2003 but my new employer only uses
Excel 2002 (10.6823.6817) SP3. The hyperlinks, drop-down menus and
calcuations all seem to work fine but the program was written such that

when
it was opened a box appeared asking for a password so that only the "It
Administrator" could get into it and amend it. This Userform no longer
appears and I keep getting a "compile error" box coming up when I navigate
between screens.

The code for the box asking for the password is given below. Is there any
way this will work in Excel 2002?

Thanks !

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Unload UserForm14

Restart:
Dim UserName As String
Dim FirstSpace As Integer
Do Until UserName < ""
UserName = InputBox("Please enter your password: ", _
"IT Administrator Password")
Loop
FirstSpace = InStr(UserName, " ")
If FirstSpace < 0 Then
UserName = Left(UserName, FirstSpace - 1)
End If
If UserName = "keeppawsoff" Then
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Worksheets("Setup").Activate
Range("B50") = "False"
Worksheets("Basic").Activate
Worksheets("Setup").Activate
Range("A1").Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Exit Sub
End If

Ans = MsgBox("You have entered an incorrect password - Try again?",
vbRetryCancel, "IT Administrator Password")
Select Case Ans

Case vbRetry
UserName = ""
GoTo Restart