Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Thulasiram[_2_] Thulasiram[_2_] is offline

Default Msgbox in worksheet activate event if design mode is turned off

Nick,

What you have said is true. I think I confused between design mode on
and off. Okay, here is the real situation:

For example, I double click an excel file (that contains macros). While
the file is loaded, design mode is turned off. If the user clicks any
sheet, then I want the msgbox to popup saying that "Please check if the
design mode is turned ON"

I require this because, I have lot of worksheet selection change
events. So, when the user enters any information, I would like to alert
the user by asking him to get into design mode. This will prevent
executing the macros..

Please guide in this issue...

NickHK wrote:
Events don't fire in design mode anyway.

NickHK

"Thulasiram" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all,

Code given below pops up a msgbox whenever any sheet in the workbook is
activated. How to tweak this code to make the msgbox to pop-up only if
design mode is turned off.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal sh As Object)
MsgBox "Please check if the design mode is turned off", vbInformation,
"Excel"
End Sub