Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default every quarter

Hi Bob

Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways<bg

I was using XL2007
In the immediate window, with 18/10/2006 in A1
?application.WorksheetFunction.WorkDay(range("A1") ,90)
returned 39134
which I should have converted to 21/02/2007 (or used Format as you did)
and I would have seen I was wrong.

I quite agree, it should have been
?application.WorksheetFunction.WorkDay(range("A1") +89,1)
which returns 39098 (16/01/2007)

I should also have remembered I was in 2007 at the time, where Analysis
Toolpak is incorporated.

For earlier versions it would need to be what you posted.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Roger,

Workdayis not a Worksheetfunction, it is ATP.

I don't think he want to add 90 workdays anyway, I think he needs

Debug.Print Format(Application.Run("ATPVBAEN.XLA!WORKDAY",
Range("A1").Value
+ 89, 1), "dd/mm/yy")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

Try
application.WorksheetFunction.WorkDay(range("A1"), 90)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"A.G.M ash" wrote in message
Actually just realised my error the answer is simple. but now i
have
come
across another prob.

how do i say

if 90 days after 18th october = saturday or sunday then do nothing
till monday

"A.G.M ash" wrote:

Hi
Funny question for you all, been tryin to think of an answer but
had
no look.

how do you tell excel to Do x every quarter

but the quarter start and date to do is user defined

i.e.
Do x if date now() = 18th and month = three months after october

date and month will be looked up in different cells but i can sort
that out
I just cant think of a way of telling excel to count 3 months from
month

many many many thanx in advance