Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Pritchard[_3_] John Pritchard[_3_] is offline

Default Nothing, Empty and Null

I'm just trying to make sure my understanding is correct he-
Is Nothing a 'value' an object variable can have. I'm an old 'c' programmer
so my guess is it's like having a null pointer?
My guess is that Empty means that the object exists but none of its elements
has any data. Like having allocated memory to a structure and set a pointer
to it but not set values for any of the elements?
I also guess that Null means an unset data element - so an integer can be
+ve, 0, -ve or NULL?
Sorry to be so old fashioned - but I find it really helps if I understand
what's actually going on. Anyway thanks in anticipation and all that ...