Bryan Hessey

Dave, yes, if you ran text-to-columns on data already in the sheet, but
when run through the Wizard at File Open time was not possible, and the
Import converted the column to a dateof it's chosen format.
(I forget the problems we had trying to import some of our files into
a single column, but was not always possible)

Dave Peterson Wrote:
IIRC, xl97 allowed me to specify the date format I wanted for any field
when I
did data|text to columns.

(And I don't use the List feature much, either.)

Bryan Hessey wrote:

Hi Dave, and thanks for the 'List' - obviously a feature that I

don't
use.

The only difference that I recall having an effect is the Date

function
in the Text-to-Columns, where the '97 version gets the date format

from
the first row, and the 2000 / 2003 versions allow you to specify for
any column.

My workbooks cover Cricket statistics (including the Print to Web
feature), Interest calculations, and my pie charts, and if those all
work there is hope that Irshad will not encounter any problems.

I guess the upgrade to me was something akin to the Word upgrade,

many
new features, but why would I really need flashing sparkly text?

Dave Peterson Wrote:
Yep.

But there are new features in each version of excel (say the List
feature that
was added in xl2003).

Things like that won't be available in xl2k.

Irshad Alam wrote:

I have MS office 2000 at home and Ms office 2003 at Office. Can

bring my
XLS file and use on Excel 2003 and after editing save or creating

new
file, I
can open them on Excel 2000.

Please advise.