Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob[_5_] Rob[_5_] is offline

Default Create a new file, name it and overwrite an existing name without confimation

Don,

sometimes you need a ousider to get rid of a temporary blackout! In ALL my
macro's I enable displayalerts while creating and testing. I simply add a
public const boolian that says i'm testing or not. Sure enough disabling
displayalerts does the trick. Thanks!

Rob

"Don Guillett" schreef in bericht
Have you tried
application.displayalerts=false
do it
application.displayalerts=true

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Rob" wrote in message
. ..
Hell FellowNewsgroupreaders,

basically the title syas it all.

I have to recreate some 200 files and update them on a regular basis.
Don't ask me why but opening and editing the existing file is not an
option. I create a new file, save it and overwrite the existing (closed)
file. Even in a macro I still have to confirm this overwrite. How do I
avoid that? Can't find it in the literature and on some helpful sites.

Rob