Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Drop Down Menu on tool bar

hi,
I think you are talking about a "new Menu".
Right click the tool bar you want the new menu on.
from the options list, select customize at the bottom.
from the cumtomize box, left click the commands tab.
on the left side, scroll down to the bottom and select "new menu"
on the right side, left click-hold-drag new menu to the tool bar you want it
on.
default name = new menu
right click new menu. here you can give it a personal name
note: while the customize box is open, you are in edit mode.
begin dragging your icons to the new menu. right click each. you can have
icon only, icon and text or text only. pick one.
make sure your macros followed the drag opertions. (I'm foggy on that part).
if not the right click each menu item and re-assign macros.
when done, close the customize box.

regards
FSt1

"SteveDB1" wrote:

Hi all.
I have been making a series of "autofill" type macros in excel with buttons
in my tool bar.
While they're working great, today it dawned on me that I should be able to
have fewer items if I were to have a drop down menu as one of my tool bars.
This would allow me to have autofill names in the drop down, instead of
having to have 25 or so buttons across the top of my worksheet on top of all
the other single click icon/buttons.
I have found, and see where I can place drop downs within the worksheet
itself, but haven't yet figured out how to get it to work for the tool bar up
top.
1- is it possible to have a drop down menu on the excel tool bar? Not in the
worksheet....
If so, how do I make it?
If I'm in the wrong place, please move this post over to the right spot, and
let me know.

Thanks.