Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mastermind mastermind is offline

Default Button Visibility / Selectionchange Problem

Hey, thanks a lot. The code works great. However, I need a little bit
of help in modifying it now. The cells containing the Vlookup formulas
are merged cells (AX17:BG17....all the way down to the last row
AX31:BG31), and while the code works great on a single cell it will not
run when the cells are merged. Is there a way to make it respond to
the merged cells? Thank you

Dave Peterson wrote:
I put a spinner from the Forms control toolbox on the worksheet.

I called it "Spinner 1".

Then I used this code behind the worksheet:

Option Explicit

Dim mySpinner As Shape
Dim myVal As Long
Dim LinkedCellColumn As String

LinkedCellColumn = "BX"

Set mySpinner = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set mySpinner = Me.Shapes("Spinner 1")
On Error GoTo 0

If mySpinner Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Design error--no spinner"
Exit Sub
End If

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then
mySpinner.Visible = False
Exit Sub
End If

If Intersect(Me.Range("17:31"), Target) Is Nothing Then
mySpinner.Visible = False
Exit Sub
End If

mySpinner.Visible = True
With Target
mySpinner.Top = .Top
mySpinner.Left = .Offset(0, 1).Left
myVal = Me.Cells(Target.Row, LinkedCellColumn).Value
mySpinner.OLEFormat.Object.LinkedCell _
= Me.Cells(Target.Row, LinkedCellColumn).Address(external:=True)
Me.Cells(Target.Row, LinkedCellColumn).Value = myVal
End With

End Sub

When I select a cell in rows 17:31, the spinner pops up to the cell to the right
in the same row--don't select IV or add some code to stop that error!