Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OKROB OKROB is offline

Default Can you check the coding here please?

Sorry, I got carried away... Reference your button's index, not it's
ID.
Example, If I have one button on the menu bar, it's index is 1. If I
have 3 buttons, then the index is it's position on the bar counting
from the left.

With Application.CommandBars("Standard").Controls(Your Button index)
.OnAction = "ThisWorkbook.myMacro"
End With

OKROB wrote:
Try this:

With Application.CommandBars("Standard")
.Controls(ID:=2950)
.OnAction = "myMacro"
End With

Regards,
Rob

Richard wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to assgin a macro on existing menu (that I added previousely) in
command bar as below, but I 'm getting a error. By the way, ID:2950 is the
Smiley face icon.

Can anyone help me to fix it, please?

Error msg is "name or argument not found"

With Application.CommandBars("Standard").Controls(ID:=2 950)
.OnAction = "myMacro"
End With