Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mattarmy mattarmy is offline

Default Use real time clock within a spreadsheet?

Hi!

I'm new to Excel and I want to do something that seems to be pretty
complicated (for me)!

I want to insert a clock onto a sheet and have it update in real time
when I start the program. It also then needs to count down for a given
period of time.

Also, I want it to update two other variables which would be defined
dependant upon how much time has elapsed. For example it goes from 10
to 20 after 5 minutes, 20 to 50 after 10, and so on.

Is there any easy way for me to do this? I'm a bit of a newbie to the
more complicated features of Excel but I understand Macros a bit so
some steps in the right direction would be a great help.

Thanks for all your advice in advance.

MATT