Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Unprotecting (with password) the activeworkbook

activeworkbook.unprotect password:="password"

You dropped an equal sign.

RBeau wrote:

Apologies if this gets posted twice ... could not find it listed in MSDN:

I have an application where I want to be able to run a marco that updates
data. The active workbook and sheets are protected. Looking to:
a. Unprotect the ActiveWorkbook (with password)
b. Unprotect the sheet (with password)
c. make the updates
d. protect the sheet and the activeworkbook again

I have no problem in protecting and unprotecting the sheet, but I can't get
the activeworkbook unprotected programmatically.

I used ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect Password: "password", but I keet getting a
syntax error.

According to VB help, that is the correct syntax.

Can anyone suggest a solution? Much apprectiated!

--

Dave Peterson