Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Conditional Formatting using VBA Case...

Try the calculate event

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Dim Target As Range
Dim iColor As Integer

For Each Target In Me.Range("B3:P16")
Select Case Target
Case 0 To 0.0001
iscolor = 2
Case 0.0001 To 0.2499
iColor = 3
Case 0.25 To 0.4999
iColor = 7
Case 0.5 To 0.6499
iColor = 6
Case 0.65 To 0.7499
iColor = 8
Case 0.75 To 1#
iColor = 4
Case Else
iColor = 2

End Select

Target.Interior.ColorIndex = iColor

---
HTH

Bob

"Thyristor" <tknorris at plateautel dot net wrote in message
I have a need for conditional formatting based on greater than 6 conditions
and have found VBA programming on http://www.ozgrid.com/V (*thank you very
much!*) and modified it slightly. It works perfectly for the data manually
entered in the cells in the Target Range. However, I am trying to use the
same conditional formatting on a calculated cell in the Target Range and I
can't get it to work the way I want. The calculated cell will turn the
color defined in the Case statement the first time it is calculated but
then it stays that color and will not reflect the defined color for the the
Case statement.

The data in the Target Range are percentages and here is the modified code
(row 16 cells are =Average(B3:B16), etc. and will not change color per
the case statement)

Dim icolor As Integer

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B3:P16")) Is Nothing Then
Select Case Target
Case 0 To 0.0001
iscolor = 2
Case 0.0001 To 0.2499