Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
hughie hughie is offline

Default stopping userform resize on minimize

Seems to me that UserForm_Resize() fires when I resize by dragging,
minimize or maximise. Isn't that what you wanted? What am I missing
here?

well, when the UserForm_Resize() event fires during a minimize, I'm
getting a runtime error (308, property less than zero) because the code
tries to set control heights and widths in relation to 'me.height' and
'me.width'.

What I discovered through your 'debug.print' technique which I had
forgotten about, was that the 'me.height' property was reporting itself
as 23.25 and later I was subtracting 41 from it generating the runtime
error.

Therefore, all I've done is check for a value just over the one it
thinks it is during a minimize event (why is it 23.25? go figure) ie:

If Me.Height < 25 Then Exit Sub

...and all is well.

Much appreciated all your help. Isn't it a nice thing that folk take
the time and trouble to help out :)

gasho,
Hughie