Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default File does not close

Tom
You did it again! That took care of the little "ghost". Thanks. Otto
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
at the end try

Loop
set wb = Nothing
End Sub

Since wb isn't declared locally, perhaps it has been declared at the
module
level and is holding a reference to the last file opened.

Tom Ogilvy

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Excel XP, Win XP
The code below does as follows:
Opens the "....MASTER..." file.
Loops through 22 files in the C:\Temp folder.
Opens each file.
Copies the lone sheet to the MASTER file.
Closes each file.
The MASTER file is left open (like I want).
It all works fine.
Problem: The Project Explorer window in the VBE shows that the LAST of
the
22 files is still open. I cannot access the file in any way that I know
of.
The fact that the file is open does not bother my project in any way. I
can
close that file only by closing Excel.
Question: Why is that lone last file open (in the VBE)?
Thanks for your time. Otto
Sub CombineBooks()
ThePath = "C:\Temp\"
Set MASTERwb = Workbooks.Open(ThePath & "Daily Error report
MASTER.xls")
ChDir ThePath
TheFile = Dir("*.csv")
Do While TheFile < ""
If LCase(TheFile) < LCase("Daily Error report MASTER.xls")
Then
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Set wb = Workbooks.Open(ThePath & "\" & TheFile)
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
wb.Worksheets(1).Copy Befo=MASTERwb.Worksheets(1)
MASTERwb.Worksheets(1).Name = Left(TheFile,
Len(TheFile) -
4)
wb.Close SaveChanges:=False
End If