R.VENKATARAMAN

intrigued by the question
i thought if
5000/x=700-by cross multiplication
then x=5000/700
it may give fraction 7.142
appoint 8 people

bundyloco wrote in
message ...

I am trying to determine the amount of people it will take to complete a
task. The problem is, I have calculated how big the task will be, but I
would like a function to determine how many people are needed.
For example:

I know 1 person can move 700 items without risk of injury (so I would
like to stay around this number...it's arbitrary). So I would like a
function to calculate how many people it will take to move say 5000
items?
ie 5000/x=700 where x is the number of workers. Does anyone have an
idea of an if statement that could do this. Obvisously, if the number
is less than 700, I would have a default of 1.

Thanks in advance.

--
bundyloco
bundyloco's Profile: