Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Curious Curious is offline

Default Excel 2007 development problem

As I mentioned, I have a full installation of Office 2007; in other words,
all the options in the series of dropdown/treeview options settings that are
displayed when
configure the install are set to "Install On My Computer." I can create
Office 2007 and Office 2003 Add-Ins. I can also create InfopathFormTemplates.
The only problems are creating Excel workbook or Word document projects.
--
curious

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

It doesn't ask you whether to install or not. It is one of the options in
the series of dropdown/treeview options settings that are displayed when
configure the install. This is where you chose "Install On My Computer" or
"Install On First Use" or "Don't Install" for the various applications.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"curious" wrote in message
Chip,

Office 2007 did not ask about .NET programability during installation. It
didn't even show the normal progress bar; it just kept going for 15
minutes
and my office 2003 installation was upgraded to office 2007. Office works
fine by itself but not through Visual Studio 2005. Is it possible to
change
the programability setting from inside office after setup?
--
curious

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Did you enable NET Programmability Support when you installed Office
2007?
By default, this setting is False. Try re-running Office 2007 setup and
ensure that NET Programmability Support is installed.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email address is on the web site)

"curious" wrote in message
My system was working fine with visual studio 2005, office 2003 and
VSTO.
made the mistake and upgraded to office 2007 and installed VSTO SE. Now
cannot load my Excel programs into visual studio and cannot create new
Excel
projects in visual studio. I keep getting this error:

A compatible version of MS Office Excel is not installed on this
computer.
You must install MS Office Excell 2003 SP1 and VS 2005 tools for office
runtime.

Any help is appreciated.
--

deeply Frustrated