Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Patrick is offline

Default Macros between two seprate windows (excel)

What I am trying to do, is to copy a spreadsheet from one Excel €świndow€ť and
paste it into a new €świndow€ť. But when I paste this, I need it to paste it as
a picture, or "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)." When I run this macro I get a
run time error '1004.' How can do this?

Macro:
' Select area

Range("A4:I46").Select
Selection.Copy

' Open new EXCEL SHEET
'
' Specifying 1 as the second argument opens the application in
' normal size and gives it the focus.

Dim RetVal
RetVal = Shell("C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE", 1)
' Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:03"))

'
' Paste IU as picture so that the format is not changed and still contains
boxes
'
'Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("A1").Select
'ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Picture (Enhanced Metafile)",
Link:=False _
, DisplayAsIcon:=False

How can I run a macro between two separate excel windows?