Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default VLookup Help

Perhaps dependant drop down lists. Where you select a part number from drop
down 1 and the drop down in the cell next to it will show the 10 items and
when you select one of them, the drop own in the next cell shows 3 items to
select from.

Check this out, if need more help, you can sure post back.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm not completely sure if I should be using VLookup for what I am
trying to do, so I'll explain what I am attempting first.

I'm trying to write a function to search through a list of parts where
the user will type in a desired parameter. I have about 10 groups of
parts, each having a common number to them. The first parameter I'd
like is to type in one of ten of these numbers to display a list of
these parts. Then I'm trying to enter a second parameter that will
narrow the search to 3 or 4 parts.

I've tried VLookup, but I can't figure out how to get it to show a list
of everything that matches the search parameter (not just the first hit
it finds).

I also can't figure out how to search with 2 parameters like I have
described. In other words "Show me everything in Category X that is 5"
long, etc."

Is there a more sophisticated function that I should be using? Thanks
for any help in advance.