Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Check for duplicates and move to another worksheet

I am sure someone could code this in VBA but is it necessary?
I would keep a 'dummy' file handy with the formulas so I could copy and
paste them to the daily work file.
Doing this followed by a sort and a quick cut-and-paste should take less
than 5 mins

Maybe do a copy-and paste first, then apply formulas, sort and cut out
unneeded rows
In this way the original data is left untouched. Saves a few steps.
all the best
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Reggie" wrote in message
Thanks for your quick response. Is there a way to automate this process?
The
reason i need it automated is because this worksheet would be used
dialy...

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Not very automated but here's a suggestion
Assume your data is in A1:F100
In G1 enter =C1&"*"&D1 and copy down the column by double clicking the
fill
handle
In H1 enter =MIN(COUNTIF($G$1:$G$100,G1)-1,1) and copy down
If both C and D occur with same values in more than 1 row you get a value
of
1
Now temporarily sort (you have the sequence number to 'unsort') by H or
use
Data|Filter to let you get all rows with H value of 1
Copy and paste to new worksheet
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Reggie" wrote in message
Hi I have a worksheet that has 6 columns and variable rows. Each
column
has
numbers for the values. what i need is excel to check column 3 and 4
and
compare it with the rest of the rows if duplicates are found move the
all
duplicates including the original to another worksheet. Start with row
1
then
continue the whole process

example:
Worksheet 1
sequence trace amount check trancode pck trace
1 4444 .10 1111 45
85
<----- Original
2 4521 1.15 859 54