Mr H

Thanks for your replies/help Peo Sjoblom & Bernd Plumhoff!

I tried both methods, the iteration method worked well but will this setting
affect any other worksheets I have? I don't have any other iterations or
circular references.

Bernd, I couldn't get yours to work. I did as you suggested but just got
the value 65535 appearing randomly in column C next to any of 1-6. However,
I would prefer a method that didn't use Tools Options, etc so that I can
share the worksheet with colleagues and students fairly novice at Excel.
Unless I have a macro that does it for me.

Thanks again!

Michael Aitchison

"Bernd Plumhoff" wrote in message
If I understand you correctly:

Enter =RANDBETWEEN(1,6) into cell A1 and copy down to
A100, for example.

Type 1,2,3,4,5,6 into cells B1,B2, ...,B6.

Enter =COUNTIF(A:A,B1) into cell C1 and copy down to cell
C6.

Select cells B1:C6, goto menu Insert/Chart and try some
charts you like.

HTH,
Bernd