James

Jon,

Thanks for the reply. When I try the operation below, the copied sheets are
moved, but the chart source data referes to the other file, not the main
workbook? Am I missing something?

Thanks again.

JMA

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
James -

Make a file with two sheets, the data and the chart, and save it in a
handy directory. Open this file, change the data, and move the sheets
together into the main workbook. Reopen the file, update the data to the
next values, and move the sheets into the main workbook. Etc.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

James wrote:

Hello All,

I have a workbook with sheet 1 containing data, and sheet 2 containing
charts based on the data in sheet 1. I want to be able to use these two
sheets as templates for new sheets in the same workbook like so:

sheet 1 data ------- sheet 2 chart

sheet 3 data ------- sheet 4 chart

sheet 5 data ------- sheet 6 chart

etc.

When I try to copy sheet 1 to sheet 3 all is well, but when I copy the
charts in sheet 2 to sheet 4, those charts source data is still gathered
from sheet 1.

I need a method to replace the "sheet reference" in the source data to

refer
to the PREVIOUS sheet, not the original sheet.

Hope that makes sense. I have looked everywhere in help as well as the

MS
site, and google-a-go-go with no luck.

If you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

JMA