Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GeneWan GeneWan is offline

Default how to save the complete path of the file we open?

thanks nick, works just right! :)

"NickHK" wrote:

Use a variable declared at the top of the code. Put it in a module if you
need global access.
Dim FilePath as string

Then, assuming you are using .GetFileOpenName or something similar:

Dim FileName As String

FileName = Application.GetOpenFilename()
FilePath=Left(FileName, InStrRev(FileName, "\"))

Adjust and add error trapping, depending on your method of file
selection/multi-select etc.

NickHK

"GeneWan" wrote in message
eg. my code prompted user to choose the file(s) to be opened within the

same
path. How can I save the path so that I could use it later on?

purpose is so that I can create a file in the same path afterwards..