Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ichtus00 Ichtus00 is offline

Default How to get NewLine in a cell?

This doesn't seem to work on a Mac. I'm wondering if the character set is
different. Should I be using CHAR(something_else)?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Turn on text wrapping to make the Char(10) appear correctly.
--
Gary's Student

"Ake" wrote:

When inputting data into a cell I can Alt-Return to force a new line in that
cell.
Checking what code gets entered I see that it is Char(10). (Btw, the "Char"
is my guess from a Swedish system, but you know what it is in English).

Anyhow writing ="A" & Char(10) & "B" results in an "unknown" character to be
shown between A and B, not a NewLine.

And, in fact writing =A1 in a cell, where A1 refers to a cell where "A"
NewLine "B" has been entered manually results in the same output (A "unknown"
B).

Is there a way to combine the contents of two cells into subsequent lines in
one cell? (preferably without using a macro).

Kind regards / Ake