Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Geir Holmavatn Geir Holmavatn is offline

Default Convert text from clipboard and put in cells...

Hi,

I receive email messages with user data which I need to paste into an
Excel worksheet. If possible I want to copy the data portion of the
email message to the clipboard and have an Excel macro convert it and
paste the different fields into a worksheet.

The text copied into clipboard have this format (fieldname | data
separator is <space:<space) :

Forename : John
Family name : Doe
Address : Sunset blvd.
City : San Fransisco

The worksheet columns are as follows:

Name | Address | City

The data from the clipboard should be processed and put into the
worksheet's current row like this:

Doe, John | Sunset blvd. | San Fransisco

Thanks a lot if someone can help us with this

regards

Geir