Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] ivanov.ivaylo@gmail.com is offline

Default How to replace a tilde with the corresponding headword

Hi Gary's Student,

I try to process the file uploaded he
http://rapidshare.com/files/9898670/Before.xls.html

The B column contains dictionary entry with bold italic and red text.

When I run any of the above suggested macros, all formatting (bold and
italic) in the dictionary entrries is removed and the font of the whole
entry turns in red.

For reference, I uploaded the file with the distorted formatting he
http://rapidshare.com/files/9899030/After.xls.html

Thanks for your help!

Gary''s Student написа:
What kind of distortion do you see. I tried:

hat I need a ~
cat please feed the~ and dog
mat put ~ on the floor
bat you have ~ in the belfry

with B1 bold
with B2 italics
with B3 underlined
with B4 having a yellow background color

After the macro runs I see:

hat I need a hat
cat please feed thecat and dog
mat put mat on the floor
bat you have bat in the belfry

with formats in column B perserved.
--
Gary's Student

" wrote:

Thank you all! That's what I need.

However your macro distorts all the formatting in colum B.

I tested both macros on this file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/9898670/Before.xls.html
and ended up with this:
http://rapidshare.com/files/9899030/After.xls.html

Can the macro be amended to preserve the original formatting?

Thanks again!