CLR

Please provide a little more info...........

Is all the data in one cell separated by commas like you show, or is each
number really in their own cell spanning multi columns?
Might the string of 1's start somewhere else in the string other than with
the first character?
Do the rows all contain 11 numbers like your sample?......If not, what is
the maximum?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"yeedao" wrote in
message ...

a row as below:
1, 1, 1, 1, 0.8, 0.9, 0.7, 0.5, 1, 0.8,0.6

I need to count all the continuous 1's from the left. Only the 1st
(from left) 4 1's need to be counted; the 9th 1 should not be counted.
Here the counting results should be 4.

I have several hundred rows like this. Please help to suggest a
formula.

Thanks.

--
yeedao