Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gizmo63 Gizmo63 is offline

Default Allow font colour changes in protected

Cheers Tom but I'm looking for something a little more specific.

The only format change I want the user to be able to do is font colour. I
still want borders and background colours locked.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

If you are using xl2002 or later, when you protect the sheet, click the box
to allow format cells I would think (worked for me). In earlier versions,
there is no such setting.

Tom Ogilvy

"Gizmo63" wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a cunning line of VBA code that will modify protection settings so
users can change the font colour in unlocked cells within a protected
spreadsheet?

Cheers
Giz