Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default There must be a way!!!--set cells' values equal to calculated values in another range

Insert=Name=Define

Name: NameValues
Refersto:=Sheets1!$A$1:$A$10

in Data validation (equal sign is necessary)

=NameValues

So using a defined name works for getting values from other sheets. It is
unclear what you are doing incorrectly.

Tom Ogilvy

"Arnold" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Tom and Chip,

It appeared that application events was part of the problem. The code
appears to work now. However, is it possible to use the column
"NameValues", which is now set with code, as a source for a data
validation list--basically create a named range "NameValues" and then
set the range as the source for drop-down lists in another sheet.

I just tried, and Excel stalled out, but 30 sec, showed the drop-down
arrow and no data in the list. When selected, the first row (name)
appeared and could be entered into the cell, but no other names could
be seen or selected. This is my very last issue to resolve for
hopefully a long while. Thanks,

Eric