Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Possible to call a procedure inside a function?

You can call the procedure from the function, but the procedure can't
assign values to a worksheet. Functions, and procedures called from
functions, can only return values to their calling cells.

When I run your code (after renaming Count() to something that isn't a
built-in function name), the argument is passed to the procedure, but
the procedure can't affect the other cell.

In article . com,
"suomi" wrote:

Hello group,
How can I call a procedure in a function? Is this allowed or do I have
to change the function into a procedure? To simplify, problem looks
like this:

Sub WriteHere(What As Integer)
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Value = What
End Sub

Function Count(What As Integer)
Call WriteHere(What)
Count = What ^ 2
End Function

The argument from function is not passed to the procedure. The function
is not calculated.
Can you advise on this? Cheers