Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMay JMay is offline

Default Trying to demo Code, but get error

Never mind; I did the Edit Goto, Special..
To see that it is all there
Thanks Again,
Jim

"JMay" wrote in message
:

Thanks Guys and A Happy New Year to 'ya
Obviously, I was running more than Once;
The .Delete remedied it

Is there a way I can (In the Immediate window)
Determine the current Validation range (C2:C11)
Like:
? ValidationRange.Address
C2:C11 <<Results

Thanks,

Jim May

" wrote in message
:

If I ran it a second time, I got an error -- it's trying to add validation rules
to a range that already has rules.

But you could add a line to delete any existing rules before you add the new
ones:

With ActiveSheet.Range("C2:C11").Validation
....rest of code

JMay wrote:

On page 189 of Excel 2003 Programming - Inside/Out an
Example is given to set Validation criteria for 10 cells in Column C

Before Entering anything into cells C2:C11 I created (in a std module):

Sub Tester()
With ActiveSheet.Range("C2:C11").Validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateWholeNumber, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, _
Operator:=xlLessEqual, Formula1:="5000"
.InputTitle = "Credit Limit"
.ErrorTitle = "Credit Limit too High"
.InputMessage = "Enter the Customer's Credit Limit."
.ErrorMessage = "The Credit limit must be less than $5,000."
End With
End Sub

Stepping thru the code I get a R/T error 1004;
Can anyone assist me in determining why?

There doesn't seem to be any errata available for this book.

TIA,

Jim May

--

Dave Peterson