Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DB DB is offline

Default How do you solve this one ?

Absolutely Spot On - Problem Sorted....

Many Many Thanks

Dave :)))

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
I havent a clue about VB

There were instructions to use VB at all. The answers were both for
formulas used in the worksheet - to replace the ones returning the #Value
error.

Instead of using

=B1-A1 to get the number of hours worked, use

=IF(ISERROR(B1-A1),0,B1-A1)

obviously adjust the B1 to indicate the cell in the row that has the
finish time and A1 to indicate the cell in the row that has the start
time.

Tom Ogilvy

"DB" wrote in message
.uk...
er............this is where I show my total ignorance.....

I havent a clue about VB and do everything in crude methods....such as
working the maths out myself and then using the autosum to get my answers
in the way that I work them out.(If you follow me)

If you have the time, tell me what to do where and i'll do it..

Thanks

Dave :)

P.S. it's 23.15 here so Happy New Year to everyone

"JMB" wrote in message
If they have the day off, do you want 0 hours to appear?

You could use IsError inside of an IF statement to trap the error.
=IF(ISERROR(B1-A1),0,B1-A1)
where B1 is the end time and A1 is then start time. Substitute B1-A1
for
whatever formula you are using if it is different.

"DB" wrote:

Hi...Im back again.............I thought i'd sorted it then this one
popped
up........

I'm doing the time sheets for work (still!).........to try and keep it
simple, I input peoples start and finish times into a cell, that data
is
copied to a section lower down the page (this is eventually printed and
handed out so that the staff know who is doing what that week)
Well, it was working fine....till i tried something..

The cells have the staff members name......their start time,their
finish
time...the finish time minus the start time gives the hours a person
works
that day.......so far so good......
If a person is off work then its displays DAY in the start time
box....and
OFF in the end time box - this makes it show #value! in the Hours
box.......this I can sort of live with....but......the worksheet also
adds
up the persons hours.......but what with this #value
in one of the cells - it is stopping it from adding up.

If we had permanent static duties it wouldnt be a problem - but every
ow and
again a person works extra.

How can I make an entry that will allow this ?

All help appreciated - Dave :)

MONDAY DAY OFF #VALUE!
TUESDAY 08:20 17:30 9:10
WEDNESDAY 08:50 18:20 9:30
THURSDAY 08:50 12:40 3:50
FRIDAY 08:50 17:35 8:45
SATURDAY 08:50 17:35 8:45

TOTAL HOURS #VALUE!

I can email the worksheet if you want it