Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default How do you solve this one ?

don't know what your layout is, but if the day, start time, end time and hours
worked are adjacent, you could use a formula for the hours worked.

if(c1="OFF",0,c1-b1)

--

Gary

"DB" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi...Im back again.............I thought i'd sorted it then this one popped
up........

I'm doing the time sheets for work (still!).........to try and keep it simple,
I input peoples start and finish times into a cell, that data is
copied to a section lower down the page (this is eventually printed and handed
out so that the staff know who is doing what that week)
Well, it was working fine....till i tried something..

The cells have the staff members name......their start time,their finish
time...the finish time minus the start time gives the hours a person works
that day.......so far so good......
If a person is off work then its displays DAY in the start time box....and OFF
in the end time box - this makes it show #value! in the Hours box.......this I
can sort of live with....but......the worksheet also adds up the persons
hours.......but what with this #value
in one of the cells - it is stopping it from adding up.

If we had permanent static duties it wouldnt be a problem - but every ow and
again a person works extra.

How can I make an entry that will allow this ?

All help appreciated - Dave :)

MONDAY DAY OFF #VALUE!
TUESDAY 08:20 17:30 9:10
WEDNESDAY 08:50 18:20 9:30
THURSDAY 08:50 12:40 3:50
FRIDAY 08:50 17:35 8:45
SATURDAY 08:50 17:35 8:45

TOTAL HOURS #VALUE!

I can email the worksheet if you want it