Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Move File to New Directory

One way is to open the files and do a SaveAs to the directory you want them in.

"David" wrote:

I have a workbook that posts to two other workbooks. As part of the setup
process, all three files are in the same directory (wherever the user
initially saves them by downloading from our website or saving from email).
About 140 locations will use these files, and each one can initially place
them wherever they want, on their local or network drives, so I cannot fix
the path and force where the files are initially placed. When the main file
is opened, VBA sets up a subdirectory called 2007 Budget, and creates a
master file. I need to MOVE the other two files into this subdiretory as part
of the set up process so they are in the same subfolder. I just need to go up
one directory from the 2007 Budget directory and move these files down to the
2007 Budget directory. Can anyone help? Thanks!