Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Looking for an easier way Looking for an easier way is offline

Default Creating auto functioning worksheets

I can send out the spreadsheet to you and you can have a look if that would
help. I've never used VBA, and am rarely creating this type of spreadsheet.
I bascially am a sales rep looking to make my life easier and keep up with my
daily numbers. I need a history and an updated trend. I know it's probably
an easy fix for someone who knows what they're doing. I can email it to you
directly if you like.

"Mike Fogleman" wrote:

The formula itself can be re-written to the cell with VBA or you can have
the code evaluate the formula and put the results in the cell. There would
be no formula on the spreadsheet that way. In either case, where is the
formula? Or are there several formulas?

Mike F
"Looking for an easier way"
wrote in message
Every day I add my daily sales numbers into a table as a row. I want to
maintain the trends & I use this formula

= ((C9/L1)*B7)-F2

C9 is the row that changes everyday. I have to change C9 to the next line
on
several fomulas (C10 the next day; C11 the day after that and so on). I
manually have to go and delete the 9 and make it 10 every day. I want to
elimanate that step to make it easier so as I add the next row the next
day
this formula changes with it.

C9 is the daily number; L1 is an input; B7 is a fixed number based on how
many days are in that month and F2 is a input that is updated based on L1.

"Alok" wrote:

I am not quite sure of your actual situation as you have not provided
details
but one way of freezing a starting cell refrence is by using Indirect as
in
the following:

=SUM(INDIRECT("C7"):C17)

Here the starting cell will remain C7 even if you insert row 7. C17 will
of
course change to C18.

Alok

"Looking for an easier way" wrote:

I'm working on a worksheet that I update daily with new numbers. A new
row
daily.
Everytime I add a row I have to go back and update all my
trends(formulas)
with correct reference numbers for the new line (such as the reference
C7
becomes C8; then next day I fill out the row 9 and C8 becomes C9 and so
on).
I know there's a way to program it to auto calculate, but I have no
idea how
to do it.

Suggestions?