Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Unger Dave Unger is offline

Default Copying Cells

Hello,

I'm using Excel 97

Maybe someone can explain this to me. I'm copying, via code, the
contents of one cell to another cell. The source cell contains a 16
decimal place number, and is formatted as currency with 4 decimal
places. (0.0160690694272642 stored, $0.0161 displayed).

With code Cells(1, 1).Copy Cells(1,3), I end up with the complete
number copied, and $0.0161 displayed. But Cells(1, 3) = Cells(1, 1)
only copies the 0.0161. However, if I remove the formatting from the
source cell, both methods produce the same result, and copy the
complete number. I haven't run into this one before. I thought the 2
methods were equivalent, but apparently not all the time.

Appreciate your help,

Regards,

DaveU